September at Spirit Loft
To minimize risk and take the greatest care, we’ve implemented changes to our facility, services, staff training. Our goal is to continue to provide you with a great experience while following best practices for public health.
We are grateful for your continued support and willingness to adapt to the changing circumstances with us. We are so proud of the tremendous ongoing efforts of Canadians to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Pre-registration is required. We cannot accommodate drop-in visitors to the studio at this time.
Sign up via Midbody up to 7 days in advance. Registration closes 1 hr. before the start time of class. Sign up early since we are capping the number of participants to 8 at this time.
View studio guidelines below for new policies and health and safety protocols.
Pre-registration is required.
Book through MindBody up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the class.
Check your email for the class link before the class begins. Participants who can't attend at the scheduled time can sign up anyway and receive a link to access a recording of the class for 24 hrs. post-practice.
Book through MindBody up to 7 days in advance. Registration windows close 1 hours before the scheduled start time.
Limited number of participants to respect physical distancing best practices.
We ask you to keep 6 ft from others and our team while entering and exiting our facility. while participating in our indoor programming, and while participating in our outdoor programming.
To help with this, we are
- Restricting facility capacity, group sizes and class formats, as well as adapting practices to ensure physical distancing.
- Using signage and floor markers to indicate safe distances and direct traffic flow. Please look for and respect these signs.
- As you are leaving the studio, please help us to avoid congestion by following directional signs leading you to an alternate staircase to exit the building.
New Studio Policies
- Face masks/coverings are required at all times throughout the studio and during class for the time being. If you cannot wear a face mask/covering at this time due to medical reasons, we invite you to enjoy our livestream programming and outdoor classes. Spirit Loft’s position with respect to protective face coverings may change as community spread declines, and new regulations/research emerge.
- Please bring your own mat to all classes you attend. Mat rental and mat storage are not available at this time. Knee padding is not available unless you bring it yourself.
- Please bring your own props to yoga class, if desired. Yoga blocks, blankets, straps and bolsters are not available to borrow at this time.
- Arrive NO earlier than 10 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- When waiting for each person to complete their COVID-19 screen, please form a line and maintain a distance of 6 feet apart.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter the studio, and wash/sanitize your hands frequently during your visit.
- Arrive changed and ready to go since changerooms will not be available at this time.
- Please take care of personal needs before you arrive. While washrooms remain available, we are unable to sanitize them between uses during group classes. As much as possible, please try to limit your use of the washrooms as a result.
- Bring only the bare essentials into the studio since cubbies and change rooms are not available at this time.
- Maintain a 2-meter (6-feet) physical distance from others at all times.
- Read and follow posted signs regarding traffic flow and spacing.
- Obey all signage identifying closed areas, and out-of-service equipment/props.
- Wipe down all equipment with disinfectant (wipes, spray bottles) both before and after use.
- Leave promptly after class to clear the space so that our team to clean and disinfect.
- Respect the directional signs as you exit the studio. These will take you to an alternate staircase and exit. This will minimize congestion and promote physically distancing in the building.
In addition to following public health guidelines, we are committed to going above and beyond with the sanitation practices for our facility.
- Disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the studio with hospital-grade disinfectants approved by Health Canada for use against SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19)
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the studio and equipment between personal training sessions and group classes
- Professional cleaning by custodial staff to keep the studio sanitized and clean
- Motion detecting lights in bathrooms
- Touchless soap dispensers
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the studio
- Equipment disinfecting stations (wipes/sprays) throughout the studio
- No in-studio transactions – all purchases for services will be done online for phase 3 to minimize touchpoints for everyone
Staff training and protocols
- All staff trained in studio expectations, public health requirements and best practices